Monday, August 11, 2014

Redmi 1S - Google apps that keeps reinstalling

Having Google apps that keep coming back to haunt you even after uninstalling them? Getting that optimizing apps appearing on every restart? I had that problem when I got the version 29 onwards with my Redmi 1S. My solution is easy without getting your hands dirty with installing 3rd party Recovery softwares. Here's how.

First, open up Google Play store and find the Google apps that you want to uninstall. Make sure you update all the Google apps. After that, reboot the phone.

Now, uninstall all Google apps through Google Play store (goto 'My apps') that you don't need. Reboot your phone and voila! No more creepy apps.

Steps summarized:

1. Find and update all Google apps.
2. Reboot phone.
3. Uninstall all Google apps(via Google Play store) you don't need.
4. Reboot phone.

*It's also important to take note that I have disabled 'Automatic restore' under Settings>Backup & reset>Automatic restore 'turned off'.

No comments:

Post a Comment